- Each year in the state of California, an average of 330 people are diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma.
- During the 20th century, an estimated 1,650,000 tons of asbestos were mined in California alone and put into numerous manufactured products.
- There are currently 8 designated NPL Superfund sites in California due to asbestos pollution or contamination.
- There are more than 8,000 California buildings and jobsites where asbestos dangers have been identified.
- The use of asbestos is not banned in the United States. Asbestos use and the handling of asbestos materials are regulated, but its use is not banned. Asbestos is recognized as a hazardous material and is monitored by OSHA and the EPA but exposure risks still exist.
- Many old homes, factories, schools, warehouses, and commercial buildings still contain old asbestos products.
If you wish to learn more about mesothelioma in California, CLICK HERE to receive a free book written by medical professionals.